Thursday, July 12, 2012

Homemade Doughnuts!

Now, when credit is due, credit is due. So, I found this off of Pinterest, but it was more of a reminder/flashback of the good ole days.

Thinking back to the 1980's when my grandmother would make her own bread from scratch, I remember what she used to do with the extra dough that took hours to prepare.

She would roll it up into small balls, fry them, and then stick them in a paper bag with sugar. Shake & Serve!

Pinterest has given me this reminder, which by the way, I've been doing with my kids for awhile, but made it slightly easier.

I used:
Refrigerated biscuits in a can
Vegetable Oil
Sugar

I placed the biscuits on the count and had Lex, my son, punch holes in them with the edge of an icing tip. I placed them in the oil, flipped them, and then stuck them in a lunch bag with sugar. Shake & Serve!!!

They weren't gorgeous, but they sure were tasty, fast, and easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment