Monday, July 9, 2012

Pizza Chicken!

Low Carb Pizza Chicken in the Crock pot!

Today, I wasn't being very domestic, or so I thought!  I had to take allergy medicine that made me quite tired.  I did not feel like going shopping for groceries (although I really need to do it).

So, that left me looking in the fridge/freezer to see what I had.  This is what I came up with:

Two Frozen Chicken Breasts
Italian Salad Dressing
Ragu Pizza Sauce
Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese Block

Oh and some lovely seasoning from Tastefully Simple ( Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto Mix~ I add this to a lot of stuff!)


Here's what I did:
1. I sprinkled a little of the Italian Dressing on the bottom of the crock pot ( I didn't cover it).
2. I placed the frozen chicken in the crock pot.
3. Sprinkled the chicken with a little of the pesto mix.
4. Cooked on LOW for 6 hours (the house was smelling divine)!
5. A half an hour before serving, I topped the chicken with about 1/4 cup of the pizza sauce and sprinkled the shredded mozzarella.


Let me tell you, I got a lot of "MMMM" and "This is Awesome, Mom".  The juices from the chicken made it melt in your mouth yummy!  They asked me to remake it this week! 


So here's the lowdown on why I call it Low Carb.  Please note that this meal served my two boys and I (hubby wasn't home to help today~ Yay for the Military Lifestyle :).  The chicken is a great protein.  The Mozzarella had less than 1 carb.  The Pizza Sauce has 5g of carbs.  The Italian dressing (about 4 Tbs) had about 6 grams of carbs.  Add those three together and you get 12 Carbs.  Divide that by 3 and you get 4 Carbs!

I wasn't necessarily looking for a low carb dinner, but I got one!  I was domestic after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment